Honey Badger Don't Quit


Cleaning up my old computer I came across the journal entry I wrote the night before I ran the Marine Corps Marathon.  I thought it was a good reminder about why I do things- Grad School, Peace Corps in West Africa, Move to Paris for a job...  When things start to get overwhelming, keep focus and keep moving forward.

Marine Corp Marathon Oct 31, 2010

At the eve before the marathon, I started to have a bit of panic about what I was about to attempt tomorrow.  Bouts of self-doubt penetrate the mind. Questioning motivation.  Why am I doing this?  Because I want to challenge myself.  Challenging myself to make me a better person. Challenging myself to show that I can determine a goal, create a plan to reach that goal, and then accomplish it. Challenging myself to prove that I can mentally overcome fear, and doubt and run 26.2 miles.  I am ready. I am strong.