Return to Normalcy

After all the craziness of last week, we thought the best thing we could do was to continue with what we had planned for the weekend.  After stopping at the kosher supermarket to lay down some flowers and pay our respects, we headed to the Chateau de Vincennes on the outskirts of Paris.  

The chateau and its surrounding park had always been on my list of things to do, and since last Sunday was the annual Traversee de Paris it was a perfect time to head over there.

Traversee de Paris is an annual event organized by Vinncennes en Anciennes, the classic cars club of Paris.  Every January the club members drive their retro cars through Paris starting and ending at the Chateau de Vincennes.

I don't really know my cars, but I can appreciate them as I would sculptures at a museum.  The lines, shapes and colors were beautiful. They really were works of art.

The collection of cars were varied.  There were lots of Porsches, a few Triumph Spitfires, and even some American cars.  I was surprised to see no less than TWO cadillacs, a corvette, and even a old time Ford truck.  The event was a great find.





Ford truck
Opel

What looks to be the smallest car ever.  One door in the front.

Cadillac.  I'm not sure how this thing navigates the narrow French roads.

They even had retro motorcycles.

All the cars were in the shadow of the chateau- a beautiful backdrop.