Strike one!

The French strike as often as the seasons change.  Transportation networks are infamous for protesting with a work slow down on at least one of their lines. I've been told that striking on the RER B is particularly endemic.  There is such a high degree of strikes on the train system that there are several websites dedicated to giving commuters information before and during the strikes.  I suppose one was bound to impact my commute eventually. Turns out that time would be tomorrow.

The strikers are at least thoughtful enough to announce their strike a full week ahead.  It's also rarely a work stoppage.  For the most part, trains are on an extremely reduce schedule- instead of every 8 minutes, it's ever half hour.

I wonder if train strikes in France are like snow days in DC.  The thought of one snowflake hitting the ground in DC meant that Federal workers are on a liberal leave policy (they can telework or take unscheduled leave). Do the French have a policy for transportation slow downs?  I guess I will ask tomorrow when I go to work.

I wonder how crowded the trains will be in the morning. Do people stay home when the strike is this widespread (it's all the train lines in France)?  The tram was almost empty on my way home today- I guess everyone but me got the memo that strike was starting today at 7 pm.

Ironically, I don't take the train to work, but because of an office retreat I need to take the train into Paris.  And, judging from these photos, I don't think I am going to have a fun commute tomorrow...
http://www.grevesncf.com/index.php/photos/54/une-greve-de-plus-jpf-75--les-jeunes-pour-la-france-de



Train schedule during the strike. Usually there is a train every 8 minutes in the morning.

Gare de départ :
Gare de destination :
Pour la journée du :
 GARCHES MARNES LA COQUETTE
 PARIS SAINT-LAZARE
 25/10/2012

Prévisions de circulation des trains 
Sur la ligne L:ST NOM LA BRETECHE-PARIS ST LAZARE, voici les horaires de la gare de départ:
05  15     44   
06  10     56   
07  11     57   
08  12     27   
09  43   
10  23     53   
11  53   
12
13  23   
14
15  23   
16  23     55   
17  10     40   
18  10     40   
19  10   
20  10   
21  09   
22  09   
23  09   
00  09