Voted

Overseas Americans have the right to vote. Our last domiciled address is our legal voting residence. This means that we get to vote in the swing state of VA.

Requesting the ballot was easy (we did it online at FVAP.org).  In a few weeks we received our absentee ballots in the mail.

Thomas and I decided to vote this evening so we could mail them tomorrow - ensuring that the VA Board of Elections would get it by the end of the official voting day.

I once thought that absentee voting wasn't the same as going to the polls -- that the votes didn't count as much -- since they don't wait for the ballots sent by mail to be counted before calling the election (they being the media).  However, that is incorrect. An election cannot be certified until all the ballots are counted.  All votes count. All votes matter.

It is a good feeling to vote. Filling in the circles besides my selected candidate always make me feel empowered. I like to feel I helped my candidate get elected... that he or she couldn't win without me.

They even send you an "I voted" sticker.  I may post this in my office.

Molly helped Thomas make his selection... not really.