T minus seventeen days

Three months is entirely too long to be away from the hubby.  It doesn't matter that he was here for a week in July or that we can FaceTime.  I miss the everyday moments of waking him up in the morning with a little nudge, cooking together, or just sitting across from each other at dinner.  Three months is way too long of a time to not have shared moments even if ordinary.  Paris is fun for sure.  I can find many things to do. There are lots of things going on in and out of the city, but there is something missing that makes even being in Paris less than 100% satisfactory.



Today, I had a great run in the Parc de Saint-Cloud.  It was a little sketchy at first since I had to run through the woods to get to the main area, but after 10 minutes on the trail, it opened up to the park where lots of people were on bikes, running or walking.  Not getting lost meant the morning was successful!  The park is beautiful and large with lots of spaces to explore (fortunately or unfortunately depending on your preference, lots of hills between you and scenic views).  I think there is a chateau in there somewhere because I was running through some formal gardens (pictured above) where the layout reminded me a lot of Versailles.  It was beautiful.  I focused on the scenery instead of the fact that it was all up hill going home. And when I got home there was no one to share how my run went.  No one to tell that you can see the Eiffle Tower at the edge of the park. I think it's that fact that makes things less than complete.

Thankfully, they will arrive soon. September 1st is their arrival date.  I have been spending most of my time trying to get the basics so we can live comfortably until our furniture arrives at the end of September.  We have a table and chair so we won't have to eat standing up. We have a floor lamp so we don't have to go to bed when the sunsets at 9:30.  I think we have what we need. I know I am tired of shopping.