Craving America

There are few things I am starting to miss.  I miss hearing English.... on the TV. Sometimes I just want random background noise and the french TV just isn't cutting it.  I did find the free TV download section on itunes as well as the ustvnow.com site that shows live TV on four US channels.

Last night I was watching a food network show about the best sandwiches in the US.  It reviewed Primanit's sandwich from Pittsburgh, a shaved pork sandwich from Philly, and a pastrami on rye from Katz's deli in NYC.  That's when I realized that I craved a good sandwich. One with well made deli meat and cheese  between two thick slices of bread.  You can find most things here Paris - there is Sarbucks, Dominios Pizza, and a KFC (none of which I have tried) within a block from my place. There is take out Chinese, Sushi, and of course french cafe food all around.  But a good deli, not so much....  Or so I thought.

With a quick good search, I easily found that a Jewish deli does exist in Paris. And not just one, there is at least enough for one blog to deem La Boutique Jaune de Sacha Finkelsztajn as the best Jewish deli in Paris.  So now, I have my next outing destination.  And in preparation, I found the translation of some important words:

English: pastrami.  bagel. rye. mustard.
French: pastrami. bagel. seigle. moutarde.

I'm ready!