My hood

Been in the neighborhood for almost a week now, and I'm starting to feel like I live here.  I walk around like a resident and not like a tourist.  Things are starting to feel familiar. I know where my grocery stores are located. I know where to get fresh fruits and vegetables. I know where the metro stations are as well as the bus and tram lines.  I don't walk with a map in my hand - although I occasionally have the iphone on google maps to make sure the bus is going in the right direction.

I am slowly settling in. I have a bank account and checks! Now all I need is a bank card so I can withdraw money without a forex fee!  I am getting mail. I have a Parisian phone number. Little by little it is starting to feel like I really did move to Paris.

Some photos from my hood:


This last photo is what happens when you buy a frozen pizza without reading its cooking directions.  There is this great store that only sells frozen foods called Picard. You can buy anything there from appetizers to desserts. I stopped by yesterday and bought a frozen pizza for dinner.  It wasn't until I tried to cook it that I realized you baked it instead of putting it in the microwave.  With no oven, my only choice was to use two frying pans (thankfully they had removable handles) to cook it on the stove top. The pizza fit in the bigger one, and I place the smaller on over it.  Amazingly enough, the crust got crunchy and the cheese melted! I would definitely call this one a success.