La Belle Ville

After almost a week and a half of rain, we were treated to a beautiful day here in Paris on Sunday. Everyone was out waking, running, and riding bikes around the city. I decided to take advantage of it by spending the day walking around tourist areas (Marais and the area around the Louvre).  Paris is beautiful.  History just oozes out of the brick and mortars of its building.

Walking around the center districts I was in awe of architecture that lasted centuries.  There is tremendous detail in the sculpture surround the windows, entrance ways, and even balcony railings.  I felt like every building was historic in this area (and wouldn't be surprised if that was indeed the case).  I walked for three hours admiring the Paris.

I walked for most of the day partly to be a tourist and partly to get some exercise.   Aside from Parisian architecture, I also can't seem to resist french pastries as well.  You have not tasted a real croissant until you have savored a buttery, melt in your mouth, flaky goodness until you have tasted one here in the belle ville. I've decided to try to find the butteriest croissant in Paris (or at least in the 14th arrondissement).  So far the patisserie in the lead is the one the corner across from the Fransican Chapel on Rue Marie-Rose.  Which means I have one every Sunday after mass.  I also can't seem to resist a baguette. They are everywhere and as much as I try can't walk past the bakery near my apartment without going in a buying a "tradition" and on more than one occasion- a pain au chocolat.  Now, since I love to eat all these delectable treats I need to find a active strategy tout de suite!.


City Hall

Buildings around City Hall

Louvre




Pont au Change


Lunch at Chez Janou